Tuesday 22 March 2011

Dronfield 10k 2011

This event means a lot to me as its the first I ever entered and its become something of a family tradition! Husband, brother, sister in law, son. Fun run for my granddaughter too !

The race itself is quite a hard one. It has a long steady hill in it which you have to do twice. It also starts on quite a steep hill so feels tough from the off. However with Dronfield being my hometown its on familiar turf which helps. The event has grown and grown in popularity and was an early sell out this year.
Unfortunately I picked up a slight hip flexor strain the Tues before the race. I managed a 6 mile training run on the Thurs before which left my hip sore. Hoping for the best I was worried on race day as my hip was still sore. Deep down I knew I shouldn't run but this was "the race" It means a lot, I had to run. My hip didnt hurt at all whilst racing, I gave it my all being helped along with my pace by my sister in law Em who is a faster and more experienced runner than me. It was great to have a pace setter and this definitely pushed my pace.
I was thrilled to bits to get a course PB and an all time PB at 51.01 !! I'm still smiling ! I was placed 11th out of 55 in my category too.
The downside is now a very sore and injured hip flexor, Having been to the doctors It was confirmed that its the iliacus hip flexor. RICE needed and thats all I can do really. I have everything crossed for a speedy recovery as I have my first sportive this sat the Cheshire Cat, a 45 miler.
Big well done to my Husband Lee who also got a PB and to my brother and Sis who also got course PB's...oh and cant forget the fun run which my daughter did and her boyfriend Tim who carried my granddaughter Maddie on his shoulders for 2 miles (and has the bruises to prove)


Mum you are a star as always providing bacon butties afterwards...good post race grub ! Thank you xx

No comments:

Post a Comment