Monday 28 February 2011

Seal skinz socks

Well I was highly recommended these sock by my local cycling shop. They were very expensive...£24 and that was the "on offer" price. I have to say having ridden in them now on about four rides, all in cold weather, they are not worth the money.

I would imagine their best asset is the fact that they are waterproof, the reviews i have read regarding this were excellent. I really wanted them for their windproof properties thinking they would keep my feet warm...they dont..my feet are still completely numb with cold when I get back off a ride. They are however very comfy and I will continue to wear them through winter.My next purchase to wear in conjunction with the seal skinz are sock guy cosy toes. They are a mit thats made of neoprene and fits over the toe on the outside of your shoe. Fits neatly over the cleat. For £12 thought they were worth a try...anything to keep my toes warmer. Nothing worse that getting off the bike in a race to then do a run...feels like you are running on blocks of wood. I will review the cosy toes once tried and tested !

No comments:

Post a Comment