Thursday 3 February 2011

My New Garmin forerunner 405cx

Its just been delivered !!!! =))))
I have fancied one of these for ages and really wanted one for my Birthday. My Birthday isnt actually until May but as I have a few events between now and then I decided to get one now !
I looked at all the different models. Some garmin look huge and having seen people wearing them some are huge ! I felt they would be a bit cumbersome on my wrist so I decided to go for the 405cx as it has more of a sports watch look.

It also does all the things I need it to and more.
I bought the bike holder too as the forerunner doubles up as a cycling tool giving speed and distance amongst other things.
Having charged the unit up, played about with the settings, watched garmin tutorials and paired the device...I'm ready to go !

2 comments:

  1. So what's your honest assessment after a few weeks use? Worth the money over a (nearly) free phone app?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well for me it was worth every penny. It doubles up as a bike computer so I didn't have to buy a second unit. Very easy to use...it actually does much more than I'm using it for at the minute. The virtual partner is excellent...good to push you when you need to be running at a certain pace to gain a PB. It seems fairly accurate, its only gone astray once on a foggy day and even then it was pretty accurate. Battery life good too. HR monitor I'm sure is a good tool if you know what you are looking at ! I guess your phone app does what you need though but mine was never reliable.

    ReplyDelete