Friday 28 October 2011

A personal best

Just wanted to make a note of the run I did today as it was my first run in double figures. Not much of an acheivement for most but a big one for me having never fealt like a runner.
Joe my son had promised to take me on this run for some time. Its a run he did with my brother and really enjoyed it. The route takes you through Chatsworth grounds and the scenery is second to none. Theres a great mix of terrain and hills so you really do get a great workout. The first section of the run feels like its mainly up hill so it took its toll on my legs early doors. Decending down into the village of Beeley though was a welcome relief and gave me enough recovery time to carry on. The route past Chatsworth House is long strait and flat and all on grass and rund along the side of the river. I ant imagine a nicer setting and that in itself boosts you on. The final leg is up hill again but you know the cars at the end !! Really enjoyed my first ever 10.15 mile run in 1 hour 57.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo - double figures!! I take it you found the site in the end? http://peaktrailrunner.freehostia.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

    Lots of good ones to try on here

    ReplyDelete